Teachers Eligibility Test (TET), Assam Recruitment notification for Secondary Education, Assam for BTC/KAAC/NCHAC Area of Assam.
Eligibility Criteria for Graduate Teachers in Secondary Schools:
The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012 has prescribed the amended qualification for direct recruitment to the post of Graduate teachers.
1) Graduate Teacher: BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.
2) Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University.
The Secondary Education Department, Govt, of Assam vide Office Memorandum No. ASE.465/2011/95, dated: 20.09.12 has declared that ‘Hindi Sikshan Parangat’ and ‘Hindi Sikshan Nishnat' conducted by Kendriya Hindi Sikshan Mandal, Agra as equivalent to B.Ed and M.Ed respectively for the purpose of teaching Hindi in High/Higher Secondary Schools. The same cannot be considered as B.Ed and M.Ed for other categories of teaching positions.
3) Classical Teacher (Sanskrit): Shastri with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree from any recognized University.
4) Classical Teacher such (Arabic, Urdu, Persian etc.):MM with 50% marks with degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Arabic as one-of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed. from any recognized University.
5) Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language): B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B. T. IB. Ed degree from any recognized University.
However all intending candidates may note that,
• B.T./B.Ed. Degree from recognized university is a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for applying for the TET examination.
• Only candidates having Bodo , Bengali, Hindi and Assamese as MIL in HSLC examination are allowed to
. apply in TET examination.
• Degree qualification means a Bachelor Degree, no equivalence will be drawn. Degrees served from off Campus Centers shall not be accepted.
• The Candidate must be a Citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam.
Further, Rule-10 of the aforesaid Service Rules provides that, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in Schedule-ll for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks in case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/Physically handicapped candidates.
The teacher recruitment after TET of graduate teachers in the provincialised High School, Higher Secondary School and High Madrassa shall be governed by Rule- 8 of the aforesaid rules. / The advertisement for the posts of graduate teachers shall be issued by the concerned School Selection Committee. The School Selection Committee shall hold interview and prepare a panel of school wise select list and subject to approval of the District Approval Committee, the appointment to the post of teacher shall be made from the selection list as per merit and subject to following government prescribed Reservations. However, no oral marks shall be there in interview stage.
Age Limit: Candidate should not be more than 43 years as on 01.01.2016. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates. The Upper age limit may also be relaxed in case of candidates who are working under the scheme of “Strengthening and Improvement of the Quality Education in the State" on contractual terms for a maximum period up to 5 years.
Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET: To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks. However, 55% for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD. Only following category of PWD/PH persons can apply for appearing at the TET-
• Those who are orthopaedically impaired or have locomotor disability. In this regard the candidate shall obtain a certificate from competent government authority like from Social welfare Deptt/ Orthopaedic surgeon for submission to the Mission Director, RMSA, Assam. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% are only eligible to apply, under this category.
Validity: All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 5(five) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee, Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfils the eligibility criteria prescribed for recruitment to the services in Government of Assam.
Structure & Content of Test: The examination shall be for 200 marks of 200 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), each one of them carrying equal marks.
A. The Candidate must be a Citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam. He/she must be a Graduate having 50% marks from a recognized University with B.T/B. Ed. from a recognized University.
B. The cost of the application form is Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only)
C. Detailed instruction on filling up of online application form will be uploaded in the website www.rmsaassam.in.
D. For more information on TET candidates may please contact all Inspector of Schools offices in Districts and their RMSA cells; State Mission Director RMSA Office, Kahilipara, Guwahati; Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati during office hours on all working days.
E. Syllabus for the TET examination will be available on website www.rmsaassam.in.
Online Application Starting Date: 16-08-2016
Last date of Submission of online Application form: 31-08-2016
Last date of fees Payment at Bank: 03-09-2016.