Following the mandate to provide quality education in the Adarsha Vidyalayas Special Teachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Graduate Teachers shall be conducted as per the provision enshrined by Govt. of Assam, to select and screen eligible candidates who can offer their service as qualified teachers. Govt. of Assam has amended certain provisions of the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service Rules, 2003 in July, 2012 and framed the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012. Further, Rule-10 of the Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service Rules. 2003 as amended provides that, in addition to such academic and professional qualification mentioned in Schedule-II for direct recruitment to the post, all candidates shall have to appear and pass in the Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) conducted by the Government scoring minimum 60% marks In case of General category candidates and minimum of 55% marks in case of SC/ST/OBC & MOBC/PH candidates for these institutions. Provided further that the conduct of Teacher Eligibility Test shall be an eligibility test and does not create any right for appointment. For recruitment of quality teachers. the Government of Assam has decided to holdTeachers’ Eligibility Test (TET) for Graduate Teachers in Adarsha Vidyalayas across the State tentatively in the last week of July 2017.
Opening of Online Application form: 25th June, 2017.
Last date of Submission of online Application form: 10th July, 2017.
Last date of fees Payment at Bank- for e-challan: 15th July, 2017.
Date of examination: Will be notified later.
Job Location: Assam.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for Graduate Teachers: The Assam Secondary Education (Provincialised) Service (Amendment) Rules, 2012 has prescribed the amended qualification for direct recruitment to the post of graduate teachers.
As per the substituted Schedule—II, the qualification for
1) Graduate Teacher has been prescribed as BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.
2) Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University.(The candidates must have aggregate of minimum 50% In degree).The Secondary Education Department, Govt. of Assam vide Office Memorandum No. ASE.465/2011/95, dated: 20.09.12 has declared that Sikshan Parangat’ and ‘Hindi Sikshan Nishnat‘ conducted by Kendriya Hindi Sikshan Mandal, Agra as equivalent to B.Ed and M.Ed respectively for the purpose of teaching Hindi In High/Higher Secondary Schools. The same cannot be considered as B.Ed and M.Ed for other categories of teaching positions.
3) Classical Teacher (Assamese Language): B.A with Honours/ Major In concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University. (The candidates must have aggregate 50% marks in Degree.).
However all intending candidates may note that:
● B. T/ B. Ed. Degree from recognized university is a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for
applying for the TET examination.
● The Candidate must be a citizen of India and resident of Assam.
●The candidates must be passed out from English Medium Schools as Adarsha Vidyalayas are CBSE affiliated English Medium School.
● Age of the candidate should not be less than 18 years and not more than 43 yearsas on 01.01.2017. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ ST candidates. Age relaxation is applicable as per govt.
● Degree qualification means a Bachelor Degree. no equivalence will be drawn.
● Degrees served from off Campus Centers shall not be accepted.
It shall be noted that mere qualification with prescribed marks in the TET examination for Adarsha Vidyalaya shall not confer on any candidate the right to employment as a teacher. However qualification in TET examination is a mandatory prerequisite to appear at the interview for teacher recruitment and the marks obtained In the TET examination by a candidate who has qualified in the TET examination shall be counted in the Interview for the teacher recruitment which will be advertised subsequently. The teacher recruitment after TET of graduate leachers in the Adarsha Vidyalaya shall be in accordance with RMSA, prescribe rules. The advertisement for the posts of graduate teachers shall be issued by the RMSA, Authority. The RMSA ,Assam authority shall hold Interview and prepare a school wise selection list and subject to approval of the Approval Committee, the appointment to the post of teacher shall he made from the selection list as per merit and subject to following government prescribed reservations.
Who Can Apply:
● The Candidate must be a Citizen of India and must be a resident of Assam. He/she must be a Graduate having 50% marksfrom a recognized University with B.T/B. Ed. from a recognized University.
● The candidates must be passed out from English Medium Schools as Adarsha Vidyalayas are CBSE affiliated English Medium School.
● Age of the candidate must not be less than 18 years of age and not more above 43 years of age as on 01.01.2017. Relaxation of upper age limit will be applicable for SC, ST (P), ST (H) for another 5 years as per Govt. of Assam OM No. ABP.06/2016/04 dated 03.03.2016.
Minimum qualifying marks for passing TET: To qualify in TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks. However, 5% relaxation In marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ MOBC/ PWD.
Only following category of PWD/ PH persons can apply for appearing at the TET: Those who are orthopedically impaired or have locomotor disability. In this regard the candidate shall obtain a certificate from competent government authority like from Social welfare Deptt/ Orthopedic surgeon for submission to the Mission Director, RMSA, Assam. The candidate whose degree of physical disability is more than 40% are only eligible to apply. under this category.
Notwithstanding the minimum prescribed marks secured in TET Examination, the number of candidates declared as TET Examination qualified would be a maximum of double the number of vacancies of Teachers and such candidates will be determined as per merit position.
Validity: All candidates who pass the TET will be awarded a certificate. The validity of the certificate shall be for a maximum period of 5(five) years from the date of issue of the certificate by the Empowered Committee,
Government of Assam subject to the condition that the candidate otherwise fulfills the eligibility criteria prescribed for recruitment to the services in Government of Assam.
● The cost of the application form is Rs.400/- (Rupees Four Hundred only). The details of payment of application will be available in our website www.rmsaassam.in.
● Detailed instruction on filling up of online application form will be uploaded in the website www.rmsaassam.in.
● For more information on TET candidates may please contact all Inspector of Schools offices in Districts and their RMSA cells; State Mission Director RMSA Office, Kahilipara, Guwahati: Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati during office hours on all working days.
● Syllabus for the TET examination will be available on website www.rmsaassam.in