The undersigned invites applications on plain papers with the bio-data as per Proforma below from intending candidates, preferably HSLC passed and onwards from the local residents of Karimganj District for selection of 20 (twenty) Nos. of Para legal Volunteers for a period of 1 (one) year from the date of enrolment.
Last date for submitting of application: 11-09-2017.
Job Location: Karimganj, Assam.
The application shall be addressed to the "Secretary, District Legal Services Authority, Karimganj" and may be submitted either directly or through post so as to reach the undersigned on or before last date. Candidate falling in any of the following category will be given preference.
1. Teachers (including retired Teachers)
2. Retired Government servants and senior citizens.
3. M.S.W. students and teachers.
4. Anganwadi Workers
5. Doctors/ Physicians.
6. Students & Law Students (till they enrol as lawyers)
7. Members of non political, service oriented NGOs and Clubs.
8. Members of Women Neighbourhood Groups, Maithri Sanghams and other Self Help Groups including of marginalized/ vulnerable groups.
9. Educated prisoners with good behaviour, serving long term sentences in prisons. However, none can claim selection merely because of falling in or more of the aforesaid preferential category.
The District Legal Services Authority shall have the discretion of selection of any person deemed fit to be identified as PLVs. The work of PLVs does not carry any salary, remuneration or wages except honorarium of Rs. 250/- per day subject to performance of substantial work in a day or such honorarium as fixed by the DLSA from time to time. It should not be considered as a full time job. People with strong desire to perform social service are advised to apply.
Applicants shall have to appear for interview at their own expenses as and when called. The selected PLVs shall have to attend training programmes at such place to be fixed by the undersigned at their own expenses.
N.B. One who has been adjudged insolvent or has been accused of an offence or is physically or mentally incapable of acting as PLVs or involved in active politics shall not be selected as PLVs.
District & Sessions Judge-Cum-Chairman,
District Legal Services Authority,