Applications are invited from Boys for admission in to the Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) Dehradun for July, 2018 Term which will be conducted at Selected Centres on 1st (Fri) and 2nd (Sat) Dec, 2017.
Examination Centres: Gopal Boro Govt. Higher Secondary School, R.P. Road, Ganeshguri, Dispur, Guwahati-781006.
Entry Age: Candidates appearing for the above test should not be less than 11½ years of age but should not have attained the age of 13 years as on 01 July, 2018, i.e., they should have been born not earlier than 02 July 2005 and not later than 01 Jan, 2007.
Education Qualifications: Candidate should either be studying in class VII or passed class VII from any recognized school at the time of admission to the RIMC, i.e., on 01 July, 2018.
Scheme of Examination: The examination comprises of:
A. Written Examination: The written part of the examination will consist of 3(three) papers namely 1) English, 2) Mathematics and 3) General Knowledge. The examination shall be held on 1st (Fri) and 2nd (Sat) Dec, 2017. The examination will be conducted as under:-
English 10:00 AM to 12:00 NOON.
Mathematics 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM.
On 02.12 .2017
General Knowledge 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
B. Viva-Voce: The interview date shall be on 5th April, 2018 (Thu). Interview will be held for only those candidates who qualify in the written examination. Minimum pass marks in each paper including interview will be 50% and the date and venue for interview will be intimated to them by early March, 2018. Intelligence and personality of the candidates will be tested in the interview.
C. Medical Examination: The candidates finally selected after the Viva-voce will undergo a medical examination at selected Military Hospitals and only those candidates found medically fit will be considered for selection and admission to the RIMC. The medical examination of the candidates forms only a part of the system of selection and does not imply the final selection.
• As per Government of India, Ministry of Defence letter No. A/36105/ GS/MT-6/D(GS-II) dated 03 Sep. 2014, the wards of .central Government employees can undertake their exam and viva-voce in the place of posting of employee/ domicile state. However, their domicile will be as per original domicile state and accordingly, their candidature will also be considered as per the state of domicile.
• The interviews will be held for only those candidates who pass the written exam; their list will be sent to the respective State Governments by RIMC after approval of MT Directorate.
• It is mandatory for all the selected candidates (including candidates from all India Reserve Merit List, if selected) to join RIMC within 10 days of commencement of term as par the joining instructions. If the selected candidate fails to join within 10 days, his candidature will be cancelled and next reserve candidate will be called to join.
• Vacancies for Jul Term 2018, in all respect will be filled by 31 Aug 2018. No candidate will be allowed to join RIMC after 31 Aug 2018 under any circumstances (incl medical).
• Results and joining instructions will be regularly updated on RIMC website. It is candidate’s responsibility to check the status regularly.
Fee: Fees at RIMC is heavily subsidized by the Central Government. The fee is presently Rs.42,400/- per year. It may increase from time to time. At the time of entry a Security Deposit of Rs.20,000/- is to be made. This is refunded when the boy passes out.
Scholarships: Govt. of Assam grants scholarship to the meritorious domicile students studying in RIMC Dehradun @Rs.30,000/- per annum. Continuation of Scholarship once granted by the State is subject to merit, income and discipline of the cadet and his performance during the year.
Procedure for obtaining Application Forms: The prospectus cum application form and booklet of old question papers can be obtained from The Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Pin- 248003 through speed post by forwarding self addressed slip and an account payee bank demand draft of Rs. 600 /- for General Candidates and Rs. 555/- for SC/ST candidates alongwith cast certificate. The demand draft will be drawn and dispatched to THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN, DRAWEE BRANCH, STATE BANK OF INDIA, TEL BHAVAN, DEHRADUN, (BANK CODE-01576), UTTARAKHAND. The address should be TYPED/ WRITTEN clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS with pin code and contact number. RIMC will NOT be responsible for any postal delay or loss in transit of prospectus caused by illegible or incomplete address.
• The application forms issued by RIMC only shall be valid. Locally printed or photocopied and without RIMC Hologram (Seal) forms shall not be accepted.
• No refund of the application fee on any condition.
Last Date: Applications in duplicate on prescribed form accompanied by documents to be attached with application form two passport size photograph, Domicile Certificate of the candidate, Birth Certificate (issued by Municipal Corporation/ Gram Panchayat, SC, ST Certificate and Certificate from principal of the School in original with photograph on it attested stating date of birth and in which Class he is studying. Application forms should reach the respective Govts. (as specified in the press note) of which their parents/guardians are domicile of, by 30 September, 2017. The wards of Central Govt. employees, in order to verify the antecedents of such candidates, the State (where such candidates intend taking written test) are free to ask for service certificates over and above the routine documentation. The states where the candidates appear must also satisfy themselves with respect to place of duty of the parent/ guardian. Other than the above, states are to ensure that no other candidates must be allowed to appear for the written examination in a state other than which the candidate is domicile of Kindly note the application forms must be sent to the respective State Govts and not to the Rashtriya Military College, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, else the form will be invalid. Application must be submitted to the Office of the Director of Secondary Education, Assam, Kahilipara, Guwahati - 781019.