Applications are invited from candidates intending to undergo M.Sc. (Nursing) Courses in the Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati, for the session 2017 in prescribed form, to be obtained from the office of the Principal, Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati from 1st August, 2017 to 10th August, 2017 during office hours.
Candidate have to deposit of Rs.200/- (Rupees two hundred) only in the form of Bank Draft/ Banker’s Cheque drawn in favour of “Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences” payable at “SBI, GMC Branch, Guwahati”. The last date of submission of filled in Application Form at the Office of the Principal, Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati is 14th August, 2017 (upto 4:15 PM).
An amount of Rs.4800/- (Rupees four thousand eight hundred) only shall have to be paid in the form of Bank Draft/ Banker’s Cheque drawn in favour of “Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences” payable at “SBI, GMC Branch, Guwahati” as Examination Fees and shall have to be submitted along with the Application Form.
The Entrance Examination is going to be held on 27th August, 2017 (Sunday) at Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati, from 10.00 AM to 1.00 PM. The Entrance Examination shall consist of 100 (one hundred) Multiple Choice Questions. There shall be no negative marking. Applicants or their duly authorized persons will have to collect the Admit Cards from the office of the Principal, Regional College of Nursing, Guwahati on 21st and 22nd August, 2017 during office hours. Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for the said course are as follows:
1. Candidates who passed B.Sc. Nursing Degree or equivalent from the Nursing Colleges of the State of Assam or any other University recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
2. The candidate must be a citizen of India.
3. The candidate must be a Permanent Resident of Assam. This will not be applicable for son/daughter/ husband/wife of employees of Govt. of Assam.
4. Must have R.N./R.M. or equivalent certificate with State Nursing Council.
5. The candidate must have a minimum 1 (one) year of work experience after Basic B.Sc. Nursing or, minimum 1(one) year of work experience prior or after Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing.
6. Must have secured minimum of 55% aggregate marks in B.Sc. Nursing/ B.Sc. Hons. Nursing/ Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and there will be 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST candidates.
7. In case of N.E.C. candidates the Permanent Resident Certificate of Assam will not be required. The Application form must be forwarded by the Secretary/ Authorized Representative of N.E.C. and should also authenticate the caste of the candidate. They will also be required to appear in the Entrance Examination.
The distribution and reservation of seats shall be according to the directives of the Government of Assam. Admission shall be made by DME, Assam.
Registrar & Controller of Examinations (i/c),
Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences.